Friday, July 28, 2023

Europe week 1 Rhodes

During my trip at Rhodes, went to the petting zoo. My travel trip nv change all these years. Animals, water sports, shopping and beaches.

This trip to the zoo was good experience. Able to feed and touch most of the animals there. A recommended experience to go. There are ostriches, goat, wild boars, lemurs, deer, camels, donkeys, ponies. 

When i got into this open enclosure full of goats, 2 of the goats are ramming each other for food. I walk away to avoid caught in fight. Suddenly one goat ram into my leg. Thought it was an accident but wasn't when i caught the goat attack in one of my video. The goat will purposely ram into you for the food. So rowdy. Got a bug bruise on my leg. Luckily wasnt fracture or what. Still able to walk else my vacation will be cut short. Provided the feedback to the zoo. Cant imagine if it happened to a young kid. Definitely hospitalized already.

The staff of the zoo was really kind. The zoo wasnt quite accessible. Need take bus and walk like 10-15 min in. The sun was damn hot also. Ask the staff if there is any bus and he offered to send me to bus stop. He drop me off at bus stop but soon come back again. Told me they are going rodos and can send me back to rodos. Ended up send me all the way back to my hotel. Really nice and friendly. Chatted on the way with him and his friends. 

Went for a fishing trip also. Not I fish but the guide fish. More like a fishing tour kind of thing. Waited for the bus to go there. End up getting late and I took an taxi. Didnt caught any fish. But the trip was not bad. But not really worth for the price. The guide was funny though. 

Was considering parasailing but did before and feel if i do here not very worth it for the price. End up decided to go for a semi submarine cruise. Is a good experience and the view in the submarine is really nice. When they throw food in the water, fishes crowd around. So is like looking in an aquarium but actual is looking into the sea. The sub area is always empty so feels like a private trip to me. Also ppl tend to avoid me. Hahaha maybe cause im the only asian there. This trip also allow me to swim in a cave. Didnt go very deep cause is very dark and scary. When i was snorkelling i saw a flatfish. Seems like there are quite a number of flatfish in that area. Anthony quinn. 

Food wise galazio food is not bad. Ate their crispy chicken bao and their seafood pasta. Both are good. But their communication and service really got to improve. Kastri beach tomato soup is nice. Tried their grilled squid and is disappointing. Not fresh. Though they give me a vanilla soft serve. Free ice cream which is nice. Another recommended food is the Italian pasta call linguine pizzeria. The pasta is fantastic. And the artisan grill. The mixed grill is also fantastic. The meat has the char taste and perfectly marinated. 

Overall rhodes is a nice place to visit. But once is enough for me. Nth much that I will come back for other than food above. Though maybe diving here may see more animals which I didn't. The sea here is really clear and nice. Clean as well so diving maybe good.

No comments: