Friday, August 25, 2023

Europe Week 5

Europe week 5 is at paris. Transportation is terrible but enjoyed my day at disneyland. Was super shock with the pricing of disneyland. SGD 150 entrance fee. But since im here in Paris must as well go. That's like my main purpose of my entire europe trip anyway. 

Took a few roller coaster rides. Which is super fun and thrilling. 360 degree. As it is disneyland so the thriller rides are limited. Only 2 of them are fun. The rest are like mostly kids ride. Also they are celebrating 30 years anniversary and the timing I went was perfect as they are having 40% off for the 30th years merchandise. 

Went to effiel tower saw this elevator to go up to the top. Wanted to go then I realize I forgot bring my portable charger. Even if I go up also cant take pictures. Plus I have to rush back before phone die as the transportation is unreliable. So got to scrape off the idea to go up. Anyway been there is already good enough. If I happen to be there again, I will take the elevator then. 

Among all the places I been to, Paris is the only one that make me miss going back to Singapore. The transport is the main factor. Unreliable train and buses. Google map shows bus will reach my destination. Halfway through, driver will tell u, this is end destination. No explanation, not even informing u where to take the next bus etc. Even the local got to keep asking around. 

Also due to train stop working as and when, I got caught up in almost a riot fight. Luckily nth happen. Just some police there to stop and prevent fights from breaking out. Ppl are squeezing and pushing one another in other to go up the bus. Even when the bus door arent open, they stick and hold on to the moving buses like magnets. Is scary even for the bus drivers to avoid accidents. Drivers will flash the torch requesting them to keep distance.

Ppl are screaming and shouting and some ppl started running away. I was also thinking if I need to run. Cant I cant see the front, was pondering if there is a gun or something due to the scream. Luckily nth happened.

Overall I still manage to go back to my airbnb safely. Notice ppl started boarding bus and those who board the buses are either woman or with kids, make my way into the sight of the police and they usher me up the bus safely. They give priority to woman, families and elderly. Lucky im born a woman then. Overall still took me 5 hours from disneyland back to airbnb which only need 45min if you drive. Cant imagine what will happen if I didnt get to board the bus.

Everytime i went out early and go back early in order to avoid stranded outside. But things always happen like unknown change of bus route, no buses, train stop etc on a daily basis. So got to preplan at least 1-2 hours more to reach destination or use transport 11 if possible. 😆 

Recommendation is to stay within 1-3 zone. Best within zone 1. Further you are from the city zone, more ex the transport is and more inconvenient when buses or trains stop working. Within zone 1 at the least u can walk. Either that or stay near disneyland if that is your main purpose. 

Everyday I worry about transport that I didnt ate much during my trip there. Mostly I tabao homecook food. If i stranded, at least got food to eat and drinks. Hahaha. Not joking cause u can be stranded anywhere in weird neighbourhood where there is nth in sight especially if u took bus. Some stations there are staff telling u where to go, what to take. Others really nth and u can just pray to god i guess. 

Though with the disastrous transport, happiest moment to go disneyland and visit the zoo. Worth the SGD 150 entrance fee for disneyland. And the zoo, get to see animals that you will not see in sg. Like Lynx, gazelle, wolf, fox, fossa, wolverine etc. Let me think about going shanghai next. Got disneyland and one animal that I wanted to see. Orca. Maybe next year that is where I will go. 😊

No comments: